This was a long time before I found the teachings and the teacher I had been looking for. It was as though my soul was instructing me in a basic understanding of an area everyone benefits from when a sacred space is created in their home.
Why Create a Sacred Space. . .The purpose of a sacred space is to be the place where you can withdraw from the concerns and activities of the rest of your life. This is the place where you center, you re-align your energies and you attune with your Higher Self. The sacred space is where you go to meditate, to pray, to center in your heart, to talk with God. You can re-align your energies away from the world and towards the spiritual much easier when you have a sacred space, an altar set up in your home. We who actively pursue our teachers, the Ascended Masters, create an altar in our home.
You set up and create your own altar.The altar can be small, in a corner or a closet. A closet might be preferable because you can close the door and withdraw when needed. . . Any area where you set up this sacred space is acceptable. I usually assign a small room in my house as my personal chapel, or sacred space. It is here where I set up my altar. Your altar is the place where you alter yourself. Your altar is your sacred space— It is the place to go when you want to “alter”— to change and to transformation yourself. This sacred space begins to feel more and more sacred as you use it for its intended purpose, to re-align and to center with your Higher Self, the sacred space where you connect to your heart. Your Altar is Sacred “Visualize the secret chamber of your heart, a beautiful altar set by your Holy Christ Self and high priest. It is a magnificent altar…. then let the beauty and holiness of that secret chamber become the holy standard for the external altar. Beloved Lord Maitreya. Pearls of Wisdom, V35, N42 (July 4, 1992). Should you desire to set up a complete Altar in your home, Oromasis and Diana gave full instructions about how to do this:
To Set Up an Altar in Your Home
- Cover a table or dresser with a white cloth, preferably linen.
- Hang the Chart of Your Divine Self centered above the altar with the Charles Sindelar portraits of
- Saint Germain and Jesus Christ to the right and left. ?(These are also available as part of a five-panel portable altar, which includes pictures of Kuthumi and El Morya.)
- Place a cut-glass or crystal chalice or a simple bowl at the center of the altar and
- a candle on either side.
- You may wish to add pieces of amethyst or natural quartz crystal,
- a Bible and representative
- The books of the Law—Climb the Highest Mountain, The Lost Years of Jesus, The Lost Teachings of Jesus I and II.
- Place a framed photograph of Mark L. Prophet on Jesus’ side of the altar and
- one of Elizabeth Clare Prophet on Saint Germain’s side. Oromasis and Diana. Pearls of Wisdom, V47, N50 (2004).
High Altar, The Summit Lighthouse in Montana